Are you a planning a trip to Belgium, the Trappist beer country? Maybe you can do some brewery visits in mean time and discover the really authentic Belgian beer culture.
Here you can find already a whole list of Belgian brewery’s. Most of them have a (small) website, and have a possibility to be visited (more info at their websites).
You can find the trappist brewery’s in:
- Westvleteren / Vleteren (West, near the sea and Bruges)
- Westmalle / Malle (North, near Antwerp / Zoersel)
- Achel / Hamont-Achel (North-East, close to the Dutch border in the province of Limburg) – you can overstay in the abbey too
- Rochefort (South, below Durbuy)
- Chimay (South, close to France, 100km below Charleroi and Mons)
- Orval / Florenville (South, below Neufchateau)
- LaTrappe (The Netherlands)
<iframe width=”425″ height=”350″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ src=”http://web.archive.org/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=207427141207684438451.00049d870194b06a2cca2&source=embed&ll=50.993014,3.043213&spn=3.319424,7.03125&t=m&output=embed”></iframe><br /><small>View <a href=”http://web.archive.org/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=207427141207684438451.00049d870194b06a2cca2&source=embed&ll=50.993014,3.043213&spn=3.319424,7.03125&t=m” style=”color:#0000FF;text-align:left”>All Beer Brewery’s </a> in a larger map</small>
View Beer Brewery’s in Belgium in a larger map
Do you know another trappist beer pub? Reply with the street adress, name of the pub, types of trappist beers and I will add them!
You can find here the original Google map of trappist and Belgian brewery’s.